With you, at you…whatever
By – Jeannine Miller (email@example.com)
I recently took a trip which will go down in my book as one of the best times I’ve ever had. Yes, it was to a gorgeous location. Yes, it was with some of my favorite people. However, the reason I will never forget it is because I laughed nearly non-stop for four days straight. I love how once you start laughing, people around you can’t help but laugh too. And once everyone is laughing, you all begin to see humor everywhere.
I was telling my kids about how much my girlfriends and I laughed on this trip and, of course, they asked me to tell them what was so funny. Since the bulk of the humor was not kid-friendly, I turned it around and asked what makes them laugh. They started rattling off jokes, a few of which I think are share-worthy.
- What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investigator.
- Why does Waldo always wear stripes? Because he doesn’t want to be spotted.
- What kind of music does a chiropractor listen to? Hip-pop.
- A man goes to the doctor with celery sticks stuck in his ears and carrots shoved up his nose. He says “Doc, I’m not feeling well.” The doctor says “Maybe you’re not eating right.”
- How do you make a Swiss roll? Push him down a hill.
While I’m at it, here are a couple of my own:
- I asked my friend what’s worse, ignorance or apathy. He said “I don’t know and I don’t care.”
- How many Hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb? It’s like an obscure number. You’ve probably never heard of it.
Now get out there and start laughing! It feels really good.
And now a word from my sponsor: If you’re in the market for some home remodeling, call the experts at Moss Building & Design. We will consult with you and help you explore the many possibilities for updating your home. Call 703-961-7707 to schedule an appointment for a free estimate.
In addition to blogging about all things home and family-related, Jeannine Miller manages Moss Building & Design’s Community Relations Department, which includes the popular HandyMOM 101 and HandyGirl 101 workshop programs.