The Best Northern VA Siding Installers Offers Several Options to Meet Your Individual Needs
Is your siding cracking or fading? Or do you just want an exterior makeover for your Northern Virginia home? Whatever the case may be, Moss Home Services installs various types of sidings to meet your particular needs. We’re proud to be preferred siding installers of James Hardie, but we also know that that isn’t your only option when it comes to siding. It’s important for you to be educated on the various siding options so that you know what is best for you and your home. This post is going to cover two of the most popular options: vinyl siding and James Hardie cement siding.
Vinyl Siding Vs. James Hardie Siding
Vinyl Siding is more common and is a more affordable option for the siding on your home.
Pros of Vinyl Siding:
- Vinyl siding is the more affordable option, it is usually 30% less than your average James Hardie cement siding
- It does resist heat & damage better than earlier vinyl siding versions
- There’s more and more colors and textures becoming available so you can customize the outside of your home to meet your particular taste
- It is a low maintenance siding that can be cleaned simply by washing/spraying down
Cons of Vinyl Siding:
- Less durable than James Hardie cement siding
- Does not offer great insulation; however you can buy vinyl siding with built-in installation
James Hardie Siding On Your Northern VA home
James Hardie siding is cement siding that has its benefits for a little extra cost.
Pros of James Hardie Siding:
- It is non-combustible so it will not melt or experience any damage after being exposed to heat
- James Hardie siding is very durable. It is designed to last a lifetime and you won’t have to worry about it rotting or cracking
- James Hardie siding also comes in all colors of the rainbow, so while vinyl siding is continuing to increase their color options, James Hardie already offers various color options
- James Hardie siding is more aesthetically pleasing, it has a deep realistic wood grain pattern (or a flat finish) that increases the curb appeal of your home
Cons of James Hardie Siding:
- James Hardie Siding is the more expensive of these two options
- Cement siding does not have a significant insulating effect
Northern Virginia Siding Installers
Moss Home Services is happy to talk with you about any questions you have regarding siding. We will help you figure out what the best option is for your home. Whether it’s James Hardie siding or vinyl siding our team delivers quality service that we're confident will take care of your home needs. Whether it's handyman, plumbing, electrical, tile, roofing and siding or structural work, Moss Home Services has you covered! Call us at 703.961.7707 for a free estimate.