Kitchen Remodeling Tips
While kitchen remodeling can be a slight disruption to your everyday life, it can also be very fun. Think about it, you’re creating the kitchen of your dreams! That’s something to look forward too. And if you have a great contractor that you trust and know is always looking out for your best interest, then remodeling your kitchen should be a very pleasant experience. We wanted to share some kitchen remodeling and design tips for you to consider when remodeling your Northern VA kitchen.
Northern VA Kitchen Remodeling
- The layout of your kitchen. You will put a lot of thought into the new layout of your kitchen. A few of the major things to consider is the walkways. Having wide walkways makes traffic flow easily throughout your kitchen. Paths throughout a kitchen should be at least 36 inches wide and paths within a cooking zone should be 42 inches wide. When designing your kitchen layout you’ll want to consider the high traffic areas. For instance, you wouldn’t want to put the cooktop in a high-traffic area where it could cause an accident with children running by or playing in the area.
- Pick the right height for your appliances. Some people prefer their appliances be low and easily accessible to everyone. Other homeowners prefer them to be up higher and out of the reach of children. We’ve seen both of these options in some of our Northern VA kitchen remodels. Below you’ll see a kitchen that has low appliances.
- Make sure you install multiple outlets along the backsplash and island. This will give you electricity wherever you need it in your new kitchen. Whether you need electricity for a mixer, blender, and coffee maker you’ll have it easily available to you.
- Consider the size of your kitchen when you are choosing colors for cabinets, tile, countertops, etc. If you use light colors in smaller kitchens it will appear larger. Dark color schemes shrink an already space. If you use soft shades on cabinets and have plenty of windows for natural light you will visually expand an otherwise small kitchen.
- Don’t make it too busy, visually. Find one focal point for your kitchen remodel. Crazy tile, fancy floors, and busy cabinets are over powering and give the eye too much to look at. Pick a focal point in your kitchen design and compliment that area with what suits your style.
Moss Building & Design | Moss Home Services
Want to know more about remodeling your kitchen? Feel free contact us with any questions or to schedule your free consultation at 703.961.7707. Moss Building & Design is an award-winning remodeling company in Northern Virginia. We specialize in home additions, basement remodeling, kitchen remodeling & bathroom remodeling. As an established Northern Virginia contractor we know what it takes to transform your house into the home of your dreams. As a result of the countless requests by Moss Building & Design customers who already know and trust the Moss name, we also offer award-winning home services including handyman services, plumbing, electrical, tile, roofing & siding, structural work and much more!