home maintenance tips for handy moms
Moss Building & Design has launched a new series of workshops for moms’ groups in Northern Virginia who are ready to tackle some of the home maintenance jobs (honey-do lists) around the house and just need someone to show them how.
Moss offers the full spectrum of home improvement services from a fully built-out home addition or basement remodel to a maintenance or one-time issue serviced by Moss Home Services. With the HandyMOM 101℠ program, Moss hopes to cover some of the smaller items on homeowners’ “honey-do” lists by empowering women to tackle those items themselves.
Each HandyMOM 101℠ workshop will include a presentation by a Moss pro, followed by a hands-on station where attendees will get to try their skills under Moss’s watchful eye. For 2013, the workshop options are:
- Hang It – how to hang heavy things so they are level and will stay put
- Hands-on Station – install a drywall anchor
- Patch It – how to make large and small drywall patches that won’t show
- Hands-on Station – patch a small hole in drywall
- Caulk It – everything you ever wanted to know about why, when, where, how to caulk
- Hands-on station – apply caulk between two tiles
- Tile It – how to plan and lay tile, cutting if needed, and grout to finish
- Hands-on stations – laying tile, cutting tile
- Fix a Leak – simple steps to stop a dripping faucet
- Hands-on station – replace washer in faucet
For more information about hosting a HandyMOM 101℠ event, contact Jeannine by email or at 703-961-7707.
Visit us on Facebook to learn more about HandyMOM 101℠!